The Woolcock offers lung function tests to measure how well your lungs are working. Different tests determine how much air your lungs can hold, how quickly you can move air in and out of your lungs and how well your lungs supply oxygen into your blood.
By doing one of these tests, you can have your lung problem quickly and accurately diagnosed.
- Full lung function testing, allergy testing, spirometry, exhaled nitric oxide and asthma challenge testing
- These tests help to diagnose certain respiratory conditions such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or asthma, evaluate lung function prior to surgery, monitor individuals regularly exposed to potentially harmful substances such as asbestos or monitor the effectiveness of current treatment for lung disease. They can also ensure your lung function is suitable for specific vocations or hobbies
- Most of the test cost is covered by Medicare for Medicare card holders. The results are reported by our expert respiratory physicians and returned to your referring doctor. Our physicians are also available for appointments for discussion of your results and treatment advice
WHO SHOULD GET TESTED
If you have breathing problems and answer ‘yes’ to any of the following questions you may benefit from a lung function test to find the cause.
- Are you short of breath when walking up inclines or climbing stairs?
- Do you have a persistent cough?
- Do you wheeze when you breathe?
- Does your chest get tight?
- Have you ever been a smoker?
- Have you ever worked in a dusty occupation?
- Are you finding your breathing medication ineffective?
- Do you need a mannitol challenge, bronchial provocation, or are a police recruit or scuba diver?
To book an appointment at the Woolcock Lung Clinic please contact reception on:
T: (02) 9114 0000
F: (02) 9114 0010