Manager – Data and Information Systems
The Woolcock Institute of Medical Research is an internationally recognised not-for-profit organisation committed to improving the respiratory and sleep health of all Australians, through research, diagnosis, treatment, education, prevention and care.
The Woolcock is currently seeking a highly experienced Manager – Data and Information Systems to join our team. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer the key focus of the role will be to develop and embed the data management and information system activity across the organisation.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Own the Data and Information Systems vision, ensuring it is aligned with research groups and organisational needs.
- To drive the Data and Information Systems operational and project activity plan within the context of overall strategy and contemporary technology, ensuring timeframes and budgets are adhered to.
- Lead and manage the Woolcock’s information gathering processes and dissemination, to support research and organisational activity through collaborations, partnerships and maximising Woolcock staff involvement.
- Embed mechanisms that encourage and support data quality and evaluation, and ensuring that the data/information gathered meets the end users purpose and timeframes
- Maintain and enhance the enterprise system architecture (including a mix of operating systems and BYOT), defining standards, and protocols for data exchange, communications, software and interconnectivity.
- Develop, support and track quality improvement and evaluation mechanisms across the Woolcock programs and services.
- Manage and develop the Data and Information Systems team and capabilities.
Your experience will include:
- Relevant qualifications in data information and systems or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 5-years’ experience working in a similar role or extensive experience in managing information and systems.
- Experience in developing and managing data collection mechanisms, to meet the end user/stakeholder requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire small teams to work effectively and productively.
- Experience in developing and successfully implementing departmental strategies.
- The ability to plan, mobilise, and execute multiple priorities and complex projects with agility.
- Time as a change management champion, with the ability to transform organisations to do more with less
- Server and Cloud based experience.
- Experience in Responsive Frontend development, Cloud server backend development, SQL language, Business Intelligent Solutions Desirable, experience in a not-for-profit environment and/or experience in medical research field (to support the integration and consolidation of the current systems)
We are seeking:
- An individual prepared to roll their sleeves up and work with the team.
- A creative problem-solver, with the ability to priorities tasks and manage complex projects as well as deal with deadline pressure
- An excellent communicator with a strong consultative approach.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively with and influence stakeholders at all levels and areas of the organisation.
- An individual with a strong knowledge of contemporary technology.
- Someone who is self-motivated and goal oriented while being a team player who is open to ideas and disruption.
Benefits and Culture
The Woolcock offers a friendly, relaxed culture with a range of generous employment conditions, such as a 35 hour working week, bonus leave between Christmas and New Year and access to fantastic salary packaging options up to $15,900. You will also be part of a team working to make a difference in the health of individuals, families and the community at large.
For further information about this position please contact the Woolcock via email at email@example.com. For further information about the Woolcock please visit our website at www.woolcock.org.au
To apply please send your CV and covering letter outlining your key experience as it relates to this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be accepting applications until a suitable candidate has been found. Please submit applications as soon as possible.
Note: you must have Australian work rights to be considered for this role.