The Woolcock Institute of Medical Research (WIMR) is a not-for-profit, internationally recognised research leader in the fields of respiratory disease and sleep disorders. With a world class network of specialised researchers and clinicians, the Institute is committed to improving the respiratory and sleep health of all Australians through research, diagnosis, treatment, education, prevention and care.
Based at the Central Clinical School in the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital (RPAH), we are seeking a casual Data Analyst to contribute to data linkage for a large randomised controlled trial currently underway in Vietnam, the ACT3 Trial.
Successful applicants will need solid experience using SAS for data analysis and an ability to analyse complex data sets.
In this role you will undertake:
- Data checking and quality assurance.
- Exporting data from SAS in various formats.
- Data linkage between two related data sets, using Link Plus.
To be successful you will have:
- Undergraduate (or postgraduate) degree related to statistics or epidemiology.
- Experience working as a Data Analyst, preferably in a research-intensive environment.
- An ability to programme in SAS and to use Excel.
- Experience working with complex data sets.
- High attention to detail.
- Basic experience using SAS.
- Understanding of statistical analysis and research methods.
- Capacity to work in a team.
- Experience in linking data sets using statistical software.
As a general guide as to the work requirements for this casual role - it will be for an estimated 12 hours per week for 2 months, with the potential to extend.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter outlining your key experience as it relates to this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org