Breathe Easy: Management of Respiratory Disorders for Healthcare Professionals
This activity was accredited by the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners for 14 Category 2 CPD points.
Our aim was to improve patient health through a positive change in healthcare professional performance and knowledge. To evaluate the value healthcare professionals gained from this educational event all attendees were given feedback forms after completion of the activity. Results were as follows:
- 100% of attendees indicated they would recommend this course to others
- 98% of attendees rated “good” for this course meeting their expectations
- 83% of attendees rated their learning needs as entirely met
- 80% of attendees rated this activity as entirely relevant to their practice
- 46% of attendees rated they are likely and 54% rated very likely to change their follow-up care procedures as a result of attending this course
- 57% rated the topic as the main reason for attending this course
We set specific achievable and measurable learning outcomes for this event which attendees were asked to rate:
- Implement a system to identify and provide follow up care for patients with asthma - 83% rated entirely met
- Develop an asthma action plan - 81% rated entirely met
- Demonstrate technique of using different inhalers and devices - 74% rated entirely met
- Describe the impact of COPD and asthma on sleep - 94% rated entirely met
- Recognise the differences between combination inhalers for optimum use in COPD patients - 81% rated entirely met
This demonstrates a highly positive response rate from healthcare professionals in evaluating the quality of the education we delivered and knowledge gained.
E-Learning modules and presentations are now available online and available as an RACGP accredited event for GP CPD points.
We are proud to have successfully delivered this highly relevant educational event and thank GlaxoSmithKline Australia for their support and enabling us to deliver high quality content to a large audience.
“I think Woolcock Institute is one of the best respiratory institutes in NSW.”
“Excellent speakers and highly relevant topics for primary care.”
“May I take this opportunity to thank you and the Woolcock Institute for organising such a high quality education seminar for GPs which is extremely useful. I particularly appreciate the trouble you have taken to make the contents of the talks available online so that we don’t have to take notes. To top it all you now have the videos as well which is even better. I have never been to a seminar which is as well organised as yours. Congratulations! Please keep me posted about your future seminars.”