Clinical Trial Coordinator - Sleep Group (Part Time)
About the business and the role
The Woolcock Institute of Medical Research (WIMR) is a not-for-profit, internationally recognised research leader in the fields of respiratory disease and sleep disorders. With a world class network of specialised researchers and clinicians, the Institute is committed to improving the respiratory and sleep health of all Australians through research, diagnosis, treatment, education, prevention and care.
This role requires coordination of clinical trial/s in the sleep group, including patient visits, data collection and maintaining study essential documents. The role is for three days per week.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Recruitment of potential participants according to protocol inclusion/exclusion criteria
- Perform procedures and investigations as per study protocols
- Day to day management of study participants
- Liaison with physicians, patients and scientists to coordinate research visits
- Collection and monitoring of data to ensure quality control and fulfilment of good clinical practice requirements
- Provide assistance with data preparation for analysis
- Submissions to Ethics Committee and maintenance of ethics documentation
- Study document updates – including patient information sheets and source document templates
- General assistance with clinical trial related duties as required
Skills and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in biomedical science, nursing or a related field
- Experience in conducting participant visits
- Experience in the conduct of clinical trials and knowledge of ICH GCP
- Demonstrated organisational and planning skills
- Ability to work independently and part of a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Demonstrated computer competency with Windows, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Clear understanding of and commitment to the importance of confidentiality and data integrity
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexibility and willingness to work as required to meet deadlines
- Experience in sleep research/clinical trials
- Experience with patients suffering from Alzheimer's Disease or other forms of dementia
Please apply via SEEK and attach the following:
- Covering letter addressing the essential and desirable skills and experience (maximum 2 pages)
- Resume (maximum 5 pages)
OR contact Shilpa Sharma via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Clinical Trial Coordinator Sleep Group Part Time.
Closing date: 5pm, Friday 28th April 2017, please apply as soon as possible. Please ensure that all the documents are in WORD format.